The Business Operations Coordinator role provides operational support to the dedicated Sport and Recreation team.
The Sport and Recreation Department within Queenstown Lakes District Council delivers community recreational programmes, manages aquatic facilities, a health and fitness centre and multiple recreational venues and sports fields. Our staff are based at Queenstown Events Centre, Arrowtown Pool and Wanaka Recreation Centre.
The Business Operations Coordinator role (based at Queenstown Events Centre) provides timely and effective support services to the Sport & Recreation team. Tasks include administration, invoicing, reporting/statistics, communication, project and planning, training support and contributing to the broader delivery of QLDC’s wider community strategies and objectives. This role will have one direct report.
· Competitive market remuneration
· Career progression and training opportunities
· Regular working hours
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
Skills & Experience
Our ideal candidate will be vibrant, committed to ensuring Council’s standards are achieved, willing to make a difference, and believe in and care about what they do. The successful candidate would ideally bring:
· 3 – 4 years minimum business operations experience supporting a team
· NCEA Level 3
· Tertiary Business, IT or Recreation & Sports qualification is desirable
· Strong relationship development skills
· Demonstrated ability to achieve targets
· Demonstrated planning and organisational skills