Social Workers- Oranga Tamariki- Kaikohe
Are you passionate in making a real and positive difference to New Zealand's tamariki and rangatahi? At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, we are passionate about caring for children and supporting families. Our goal is to establish a multiagency approach to protecting and caring for New Zealand's most risk children and young people. Join a team with big hearts and a drive for getting things right for its children, young people and community. You can be part of a positive and collaborative team and help children and young people be safe, strong and thrive.
In this complex role, you will be partnering with other social services, agencies and providers to ensure the needs of the child or young person and their family are fully met. You will be using the latest strengths-based practice tools and assessment frameworks, to get quality outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi. If you are dedicated to achieving positive change for children, young people and their families in the community, then we want to hear from you.
Key attributes that you will bring:
• Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register)
• A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
• A full, clean, current driver's licence
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
• Excellent organisational skills and the aptitude to engage people
• Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite skills and good report writing
What's on offer?
• Salary range is between $60,000 - $100,000
• A challenging, fascinating and gratifying career
• On-going training and professional development
• A cohesive and supportive team environment
• Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
• Discounts on Southern Cross Health insurance
• Access to a government banking package with Westpac – special offers and rates
How to apply?
Apply online with your CV, cover letter, copy of your social worker qualification and SWRB details. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you are applying from overseas, you will be required to provide a copy of your IELTS certificate. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hayley Palmer on **********