• Are you passionate about trucks?
• Want to work in a well-resourced workshop with a modern fleet
• Keen to join a highly motivated and experienced team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Service Technician to join our Morrinsville Fleet Services Team. With your passion for heavy vehicle repair you will enjoy working in a state of the art, well-resourced workshop ensuring our fleet is kept operational while maintaining the highest standards of Service/Repair, Legal obligations and Health and Safety practices. Your proactive approach will also see you driving continuous improvement initiatives across the workshop to improve task efficiency and tanker reliability.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Diagnose and repair of complex electrical & mechanical faults on modern European Trucks
• Service and maintain our Milk Tanker fleet to a safe and legally compliant standard
• Ensure Fonterra's internal standards and processes are met
• Take a proactive approach to improving and maintaining tanker reliability
• Be involved in problem solving significant faults and failure trends
• Maintain a safe, tidy and organised work area
This role typically operates on a 4x4 roster but can vary in hours and pattern throughout the season dependant on workflow and cover requirements to assist leave absences.
What you’ll bring
You’re a self-managing individual with a strong team work ethic, highly developed problem-solving skills and a flexible attitude. You‘ll be a trade certified heavy diesel mechanic with a clean drivers licence, ideally with Class 5. Other key skills and experience include:
• A heavy vehicle automotive trade certificate (Level 4 or equivalent)
• A clean Class 5 drivers licence
• Highly engaged team player with ability to communicate well and build strong relationships
• Strong Health & safety and hygiene focus
• Competent using computers to create work orders, access online manuals, operate diagnostic equipment
• Solid heavy vehicle mechanical and electrical systems experience
We’re proud to be one of NZ’s largest business and can offer a great range of career pathways across our business
If you are looking to join a great team and like a challenging yet collaborative technical environment, we want to hear from you – apply today!