Thwaites Diesel based in Annesbrook in Nelson is a modern one-stop truck, light commercial and machinery service and repair workshop covering the top of the South Island - Nelson, Richmond, Motueka, Golden Bay, Marlborough, Blenheim and Westport.
At Thwaites Diesel, our success depends on serving our customers with the best team members in the industry. If your career goals include making a valuable contribution as Service Administrator in an exciting and growing company and working with top professionals in the industry then consider joining our team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, customer-oriented individual who can work in a team environment as our Service Administrator.
The Service Administrator works closely with the Service Department to ensure a smooth process for completed customer work orders. Interacts with Customers, Suppliers and Staff daily. Will handle all incoming calls for the Service Department and transfer as necessary to appropriate staff. Responsible for invoicing, filing and maintaining documentation for the Service Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Work closely with the Service Manager and assist with duties as required.
• Responsible for reviewing completed work orders before closing. Items checked to include outside purchases, sublet charges, lube, oil, machine earnings charges, labour, and parts..
• Responsible for calling customer for purchase order on completed work orders if applicable.
• Maintaining and filing all necessary documentation required by the Service Department.
• Responsible for calling customers on a daily basis when service work is completed.
• Answer incoming service department phone calls to direct the call to the appropriate service staff.
• Handle customer complaints with integrity and poise, and when necessary referring customers to the appropriate individual for resolution.
• Maintain a professional appearance and a safe, clean work environment.
• Responsible for receiving service work C.O.D. payments and balancing daily cash box.
• Assist with month end close out.
• Assist with closing warranty work orders as required.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• A more comprehensive position description is available on request.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge of the automotive or heavy transport industry is desirable and beneficial, however it is not essential.
• Computer literate and proficient in using Microsoft Office products including Office 365.
• Able to work under pressure, prioritise and multitask.
• Dependability and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated problem solving, logistics and/or service experience.
• Ability to learn quickly and to work independently.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
In return, we can offer you
• A very competitive remuneration package.
• Significant in-house training and career enhancement opportunities.
• Well-equipped, modern facilities.
• Interesting and varied work.
• A supportive team environment.
• Social Club, Staff discounts and more
If this position interests you please email your CV and a cover letter to **********
Thwaite Diesel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.