Starship Child Health
Nurse Consultant, Ward 23B - Paediatric Cardiac and Congenital Service
Starship Children's Healthis a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre in Auckland, New Zealand. Based in central Auckland, our Paediatric Cardiac and Congenital Service is the only provider of cardiology and cardiac surgical services for infants and children with congenital and acquired heart disease across New Zealand. We also provide for individuals with congenital heart diseases who are now adults.
This role providesa unique opportunity to join a team that provides a national service for Paediatric Cardiac and Congenital. The Nurse Consultant is accountable for the quality of nursing care and patient safety with a focus across the patient health care journey and will contribute to the strategic direction of the Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac service and Child Health Directorate.
We embrace the challenges of providing compassionate, high-quality, family centered care to the most complex patients locally, regionally, and nationally.
Nurses are an integral partof our clinical team and are fully supported and acknowledged through a number of professional opportunities that support professional growth, and acknowledge the nursing contribution within child health, these include:
• A comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme
• An opportunity to undertake post graduate papers in cardiac nursing at the University of Auckland
• Involvement in clinical research
• Free on-site Te Reo Maori classes for staff and their whanau
We welcome applications from registered nurses who:
• Thrive in a diverse fast paced environment
• Paediatric cardiac experience preferred
• Five years post graduate experience
• Value professional development opportunity's
• Have a passion and commitment to providing world class care
• Post graduate qualification
We hope you will explore this opportunity further by either applying below or you can contact our Recruitment Consultant Vickie Shakur on ********** to learn more
Applications close: Sunday 29th September 2019
Auckland DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that values and embraces the diverse population we serve. We welcome and respect people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions.