- Passion for Food / Excellence in Service
- 30 hours per week (Friday - Monday, 11am to 6.30pm)
Do you work hard, but love to have fun along the way? Do you love making peoples day by working in a busy kitchen and cooking great food?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Chef to join our team at Cambridge Resthaven. This home caters for 100 residents providing for a full range of aged care needs including a dedicated dementia unit.
With a set menu, and as part of a team, you will be a hands-on Chef responsible for preparing, cooking and serving wholesome meals that are freshly produced every day. You must enjoy making traditional meals and baking.
This position is a pivotal part of our team and requires a chef with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, or a relevant qualification either in culinary arts or professional cookery with 1-2 years‘ relevant experience who can:
- Prepare, cook, and serve wholesome food
- Monitor quality of food at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Adapt menus to cater for varied dietary requirements
- Discuss food preparation issues with managers and kitchen staff
- Advise kitchen staff on cooking procedures and techniques
- Demonstrate understanding of, and ability to implement New Zealand Food Control and safety regulations
- Operate at a level that can take responsibility as sole chef on duty when required.
- Maintain a clean, tidy, safe and hazard free environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills and a flexible/can-do, committed attitude
- Be friendly and engaging, with a desire to be a productive and positive member of the team
- Be passionate about good food, and great service.
- Have good time management skills.
Who we are:
Cater Plus is a food service company that is big enough to deliver, but small enough to care. Born in our founder’s Hamilton home kitchen in 2006, we run over 45 food establishments throughout the country! With a team of over 220 staff members, our values of Passion for Food and Excellence in Service starts with good staff and we know it!
Your uncompromising commitment to a passion for food and excellence in service will be well rewarded, with benefits that include:
- a positive, fun, high-performing work environment
- lots of ongoing support, development and training
- working for a kiwi owned company with community spirit
- work life balance with no early mornings or late nights
- access to beach accommodation and our savings scheme with benefits only offered to our staff.
We will be considering applications as they come through … so don’t delay, apply today!
Candidates applying must be New Zealand citizens/residents or eligible to work in New Zealand. Please specify your current status in your job application correspondence, and if on a work visa - what type and expiry date.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Nelson, NelsonPart-timeThere's no getting around it, doing the dishes in a busy cafe, restaurant or bar, is hard work, with long hours on your feet. If you're...
From The Recruitment Network - Nelson
Published 25 days ago
We are a Vietnamese restaurant looking for two new kitchen hands!You will need: Previous experience in a fast paced commercial kitchen essential Great attitude...
Published 20 days ago
We are the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons...
Published a month ago
We are currently seeking an energetic chef to run the kitchen operations in Newmarket; So Come and Join our Army! New Owners of an old existing Irish pub in...
Published a month ago