Each day at Delta, we keep communities running. From power and communication infrastructure to environmental maintenance, our specialists are proud to look after essential services.
We have vacancies available for EWRB Registered Line Mechanics to join our teams. We have opportunities available in Dunedin, Central Otago/Queenstown Lakes District and Tasman – each area comes with benefits and they are all highly desirable locations to live and work in.
The role involves being part of our highly specialised Distribution team where you will be constructing and maintaining overhead power lines for high and low voltage electrical distribution.
Every project has its own challenges and character, so we look for ways to do things better, take responsibility for getting the job done well and work collaboratively with our customers to ensure best approach, best outcome.
We look to make a difference on each project through fresh thinking, dependability and working together. We call this the Delta Angle, which contains our core values – Do it First, Do it Right, Do it Together – in action.
· Qualified Line Mechanic with previous industry experience
· EWRB registered.
· Glove & barrier qualifications are considered as highly advantageous
· Current and clean drivers licence classes 1 and 2 are a must
· Enjoy working in the outdoors
· Committed to producing quality work and exhibiting tidy and methodical work practices
· Able to complete tasks independently but also work well as part of a team
· Excellent communication skills
· At the end of the day you want to have made a positive difference to the communities in which we live and work, and you do that by having a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and sustainable work practices.
What's on offer:
We pride ourselves on our great working culture – we work together as a family to get the job done, and we are very good at what we do. We are a progressive organisation that has been servicing the distribution industry for a long time now. Here is the opportunity to become part of a dedicated and passionate team, within a supportive working environment. We will provide all the gear and equipment for the role, and if you are interested in developing your skills, we offer a wide range of training opportunities. We reward top performers with competitive remuneration, we have extra hours available for top earning potential and we are able to offer relocation assistance and subsidised temporary accommodation if you are joining us from outside the area.
If you think this sounds like you, and you are interested in joining us at Delta, we want to hear from you. Apply online now, or email us at careers @ thinkdelta.co.nz and let us know which region you would prefer to work in.
For more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World's Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.