Experienced Excavator Operators
Seger Roading is a thriving family owned company in the civil construction industry, with 100+ people across the central North Island of New Zealand. We offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and surfacing. Covering a diverse range of sectors including transport infrastructure, environment conservation, and land development sectors. We work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do. We know we are only as good as our people, so we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in our teams.
Currently, we are looking for a new, motivated Excavator Operator with Forestry Roading experience.
About the role:
Based out of our Rotorua branch, your role will involve participating in earthwork construction & environmental water control for our clients in the greater Rotorua Area.
What you will do:
• Operate machinery and tools that may be required to perform tasks at hand
• Move equipment and materials, and clean-up work sites
• Work closely with the Seger site supervisor and other colleagues as required
• Engagement with clients, inspectors and engineers on site as required
• Active participation in monthly Health and Safety and Human Resource meetings and annual planning sessions
• Keep the Operations Manager informed of decisions taken that may have a significant impact on the business.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Previous experience operating plant (preferably with forestry excavation experience)
• The ability to read plans and set out levels
• Full driving licence with Class 1, 2, W, T, R endorsements
• Fit and capable of heavy labouring
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude towards maintaining a safe working environment
• Focus on quality workmanship with good problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to the role and company
• Good sense of humour that enjoys working with a team
What We Offer:
• Attractive remuneration package and benefits to attract the best
• Down to earth approachable management
• On-going training and development
• An opportunity to join a fast-growing civil contractor that genuinely cares for its people
• Leading and working alongside a team of like-minded individuals.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen.