Would you like to work for AWS assisting one of New Zealand's most successful Public Sector technology partners to increase their market share and cloud computing adoption?
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing?
Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an Account Executive within Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector team you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy with one of our most successful and interesting customers as they grow both their business and their adoption of AWS Services
Your responsibilities will include developing a deep understanding of the customers unique business model and how AWS can help them to serve their customers. You’ll also work closely with the AWS product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests specific for this partner.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO level within the partner, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
A demonstrable capability in understanding the financial and operational aspects of a 'for-profit' organisation is essential. An understanding of the Public Sector, either directly or through a partner who's predominant customers are Public Sector customers, would be a favourable attribute.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Engage with all levels of the partner's organisation - from the CEO to Individual Contributors
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive APAC AWS Public Sector market and technical strategy.
· Help define the AWS public sector market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
· Provide guidance to the customer to help them create their strategic business development plan for their target markets.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Work with the AWS Partner Business Manager assigned to this account to identify and execute opportunities to increase top-line growth and bottomline profitability of the partner
· Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for them.
· Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to assisting the partner.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal and finance groups within both the customer and AWS.
· Handle a high volume of work and the fast pace of the ever-changing cloud computing market
· Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied data storage services.
· Excellent communication and writing skill with the ability to be both technical and analytical. Possess 5+ years of business development or account management experience preferably with experience selling to public sector market segments.
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
· Must have a good understanding of government procurement and education contract vehicles.
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the partner, the AWS team and the partner's customers.
· Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and established goals of both the partner and AWS.
· The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess several years of business development enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.